The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum caught my eye just by looking at it. It comes in a sleek, simple box that could pass for a luxury brand. A fluid ounce of this hydrating face serum costs less than $7, so I couldn’t wait to see what it was all about.
This serum is easy to use and dries quickly, so it’s easy to add to your morning and nighttime skincare routines without any trouble. There are some good things about this product, like its odorless face serum that goes well under makeup.
It claims to be a face serum that keeps your face moist, but it doesn’t do what it says it will. It dries out your skin more than other things. But it does even out skin tone and keeps congestion at bay, which makes it a serum you should try if those are your biggest skin problems.
This face serum is worth considering at a low price and with quick results, depending on your skincare goals.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Review
The Hyaluronic Acid serum from The Ordinary is a clear, light, and slightly sticky gel. It doesn’t smell and soaks into the skin without leaving anything behind. It will be scorched in a few minutes.
My combination skin does feel plump and hydrated after using this serum, but I don’t like how sticky it is and how long it takes to absorb. Hyaluronic acid products tend to be naturally sticky, but other HA serums aren’t as sticky.
As long as I’m patient and let the serum dry, it doesn’t get in the way of other skin care products or makeup. This HA serum is easy on my skin and doesn’t irritate it. In this ordinary hyaluronic acid review, it could be a good choice if you have dehydrated skin and are looking for an affordable hyaluronic acid serum.
Just remember that you’re giving up the more elegant texture that comes with other hyaluronic acid serums in exchange for a meager price.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Conflicts
The Ordinary hyaluronic acid (2% + B5) doesn’t react badly with other products. Even though the word “acid” sounds like it might be rough on the skin, this acid is very gentle and all about hydration. This makes it a good choice for a multi-product skincare routine.
How To Use
After cleansing and toning your skin, put a few drops of the serum on your face and neck while the skin is still damp. This will help the serum soak in better.
Some say that the serum pills break into tiny balls when used with other products. Deciem says you only need two or three drops and that you should always let it dry before putting on your moisturizer to keep it from pilling.
Even though the serum is gentle and suitable for sensitive skin, you should do a patch test before using it for the first time to ensure you don’t have a bad reaction.
It is easy to use the ordinary hyaluronic acid serum. It comes with a dropper, which I don’t like, but since this serum is so thick, it’s a good thing. I only needed three big drops of the product to thoroughly cover my face and neck so that this serum would last a long time.
It doesn’t say to use it on clean, dry skin, but a serum should be put on skin that has been prepared, so I cleansed and toned my skin before putting it on. Make sure your face is dehydrated from your toner before you put this serum on it. I didn’t wait long enough the 1st time, and when I rubbed the serum into my skin, it made it look weird and soapy.
After the serum is dry, use any other products you use every day. I did notice that it was harder to put on my moisturizer after using this serum. I don’t know why because the sticky feeling isn’t too strong, but I had to work harder to rub in my moisturizer.
Lastly, it would help if you used this serum both in the morning and at night. I found it easy to use both in the morning and at night. It was especially easy to use in the morning because it went well with my makeup.
The Ordinary’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum is very thick. It’s less like a typical face serum and more like a gel. Even though it’s thick, it’s easy to apply to your face and neck, which is excellent!
Once the serum has dried, you can’t tell if it is thick. It only leaves behind a few things. It is manageable most of the time and isn’t uncomfortable.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum dries up in a crazy short amount of time. Even though I was rubbing it into my face, I could feel it starting to dry.
This serum is completely dry after about 10 seconds. This is fast for any serum, but especially for one as thick as this one!
I think The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum has little of an odor. And once you put it on your face, you won’t be able to smell anything.
I can smell something sweet, almost like coconut, which doesn’t make sense given the ingredient. The slight smell is delicious and isn’t strong enough.
I first put The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum on my face at night, as I do with every new face serum I try. When I first used it, I didn’t have many thoughts about it.
When I woke up the next day, I saw that it had helped my skin clear up. I always get new spots on my face; like most people, different parts are red. When I used this serum, my skin got less clogged right away, and when I woke up the following day, it wasn’t as red and blotchy.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum doesn’t make sense. On the plus side, this kept my skin very clear and glowing the whole time I was using it. It definitely evened out the color of my skin, and I had almost no skin congestion and a lot less redness and discoloration as a result. My skin looked pretty as a result.
But this is supposed to be a face serum that hydrates, and it didn’t do that at all. When I used this serum, I noticed that the area around my nose was drier than usual. So the water didn’t help me stay hydrated at all.
Even though the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum doesn’t do what it says it will, it has some great benefits. And for a serum that will last you months and costs less than $7, this is a great deal.
This isn’t the best serum to use to keep your skin moist. But if your main skin problems are discolouration, redness, or even acne, you should look into this.
Hyaluronic acid is a popular ingredient in skin care products that can now be bought in Pakistan. Ordinary hyaluronic acid can now be bought in Pakistan for Rs. 2,250. This is a reasonably inexpensive way to add hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine. Ordinary hyaluronic acid costs Rs 2,728 in Pakistan, which is about the average price. This means that regular hyaluronic acid is now easy to get and cheap for people in Pakistan who want to improve their skincare routine.
All products bought directly from The Ordinary can be returned for a full refund at any time within 365 days. This is a great way to handle returns, especially since their products are so cheap, to begin with.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: It is the salt form of hyaluronic acid. It helps the skin keep its moisture by binding water to the skin. Sodium hyaluronate works like a sponge and absorbs moisture to keep skin hydrated.
This sugar molecule helps the skin get fuller and makes wrinkles and fine lines look less noticeable. It is a natural moisturizing factor (NMF), which is a substance found naturally in the skin that helps the skin retain water.
Hyaluronic acid comes in different weights that work in different ways to keep the skin hydrated. Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (LMWHA) is a type of hyaluronic acid that can get deeper into the skin to deliver moisture.
High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMWHA) keeps the skin’s surface moist and helps maintain moisture by creating a barrier on the skin.
- Crosspoylmer of Sodium Hyaluronate: This cross-linked form of hyaluronic acid makes a mesh-like film on the skin and is said to hold five times more water than regular hyaluronic acid, keeping the skin moist for longer.
- Panthenol: This ingredient, also called pro-vitamin B-5, is a humectant that draws water to the skin and keeps it moist. It also helps calm skin inflammation with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract: This red marine algae extract helps increase blood flow, which makes it easier for hyaluronic acid to get into the skin. It also adds thickness to products to make them feel better.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a sugar alcohol that comes from fats and oils in the body. It is a humectant, which draws water to the skin and helps it keep moisture while supporting a healthy skin barrier.
Hyaluronic acid is a part of skin care that has many benefits for the skin. Some of The Ordinary’s hyaluronic acid benefits are as follows:
- Moisturizing: Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring humectant that draws and keeps moisture in the skin. This can help keep the skin moist and smooth, making fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable.
- Increasing the skin’s flexibility: Hyaluronic acid can also make skin more elastic, which makes it look younger and firmer.
- Brightening the tone and texture of the skin: Hyaluronic acid can help brighten the tone and texture of the skin.
- Getting rid of redness: Hyaluronic acid can help reduce redness and swelling of the skin.
- Skin barrier function: To improve the skin’s barrier function, hyaluronic acid can help strengthen it, protecting it from damage from the outside world.
- Calming: Hyaluronic acid can help make sensitive skin feel better by reducing redness and swelling.
- Getting better skin texture: Hyaluronic acid can improve the look and feel of the skin by making it smoother and more even.
- Improving skin texture: It’s important to note that Hyaluronic Acid from The Ordinary works well with most other skin care products, making it easy to add to any routine.
Most people think hyaluronic acid is a safe and well-tolerated ingredient in skin care products. But, like any other skin care product, The Ordinary’s Hyaluronic Acid may make some people feel bad.
Here are some things that could happen:
- Mild irritation: Some people’s skin may get red or itchy when using hyaluronic acid products.
- Breakouts: People with oily skin or acne may break out using hyaluronic acid.
- Reactions to allergies: Some people can have reactions to allergies to hyaluronic acid. An allergic reaction can make your skin red and itch, give you hives, and make breathing hard.
- Overuse: Too much hyaluronic acid can make the skin oily, leading to breakouts.
Before putting a new skincare product on your whole face, you should test it on a small area first. If the product makes you feel bad, stop using it and see a specialist in skincare or a dermatologist.
Hyaluronic acid is known for drawing in and holding onto water. Even though it is naturally found in the skin, it doesn’t work as a moisturizer.
The Hyaluronic Acid serum from The Ordinary is a cheap option for people who want to add a hydrating serum to their skincare routine. Even though this skin care product works, its texture is a bit sticky. Let it dry for a few minutes, so it doesn’t mess up your other skin care products.