The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution is a valuable addition to your skincare routine for its exfoliating and blemish-clearing properties. Here’s how to use it effectively, along with some helpful tips and safety guidelines:
How to Use
- Start with clean and dry skin. Remove makeup and other items.
- Dispense a small amount of the Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, usually just a few drops, onto your fingertips.
- Apply the serum to your face, avoiding the eye and lip areas. You may massage it into your skin with your fingertips. Ensure equal coverage.
- Allow the serum to fully absorb into your skin. This may take a minute or two.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and balanced.
Tips for Using
- Start salicylic acid serum weekly if you’re new. As your skin adjusts, add to two or three times a week.
- For targeted blemish control, you can apply a small amount of the serum directly to the affected area as a spot treatment. Use overnight and rinse in the morning.
- Salicylic acid increases light sensitivity. Ensure you apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day to protect your skin.
- Do not use the Ordinary Salicylic Acid Solution on areas of your skin that are broken or irritated.
- Avoid getting the serum in your eyes, as it may cause irritation.
- If you experience any irritation, discontinue use. Some redness or tingling may occur, especially if you’re new to salicylic acid, but severe irritation should be taken seriously.